It is currently 14 May 2024, 06:57

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2010, 00:38 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Hey guys I'm currently in the process of a vr4 conversion with my cordia.
I wanted to drop and LSD gearbox in with the motor when it's ready to go into the car. Also wondering if any1 on here has done this before and from what model car was the LSD gearbox from??

OK the Idea was to loose the shifter rods that are under the car for the factory cordia box and replace them with shifter and shifter cables from another car like an early mirage for example...
This would for example allow me to bolt up something like a LSD gearbox from a 1st gen Mivec, it's 4g9X and if memory serves me correctly they should bolt straight into the 4g63 block just need 2 use the flywheel etc.

just thought I'd post this up and see what you guys reckon and to get info on if someone out there has done the whole LSD Gearbox thing already. Would be interesting to get some feed back on this before my engine mount gets made up as I have a complete Lancer with everything i need in it for the conversion including a LSD Gearbox out of a 1st gen mivec 8)

Any help , suggestions and general feedback would be great

Cheers