It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:08

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: engine build - help
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2003, 12:27 
Superuser
Superuser

hi guys... well now that i know my rings are gone, i'm gonna rebuild my motor.. i want it to last, and be able to run 20psi throu it no worries if i want to. what parts do i need to change... ie, are there any parts that are crap, that i should change for better so it doesn't break.. so far i've got this in mind:

Ross forged pistons
eagle billet rods
copper head gasket
oring head
port and polished head
heavy duty valve springs
custom grind cam
blueprinting balancing, etc

does anyone know if the magna intake manifolds bolt onto the sohc 4G62/63 head.. (they are the same).. if so which magna? and what should i do about the distributor? convert it to something better? what... where do i get it and what model car? ... i'm gonna convert to aftermarket ecu after i get the engine back in the car. not to sure on what yet, most likely wolf 3d, microtech or ems. any info is greatly appreciated, also places where i can get valve springs for it would be great, as i'm having trouble finding these.

Cheers, Redcordial

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2003, 12:32 
Resident Antichrist
Resident Antichrist

After it's been balanced, remove the balance shafts.

Astaroth.

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2003, 12:59 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Magna intakes don't bolt up, get an MPI manifold off a L300 hyundia (I think that's it, but the magna definitely doesn't - I already tried).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2003, 21:23 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Someones out to spend the big dollars...have you priced ross pistons eagle rods etc..???....i have....

Anyway....nah magna doesn't, early galant sohc does and i'm told, and checking tomorrow that nimbus does...you need a manifold that runs the intake runners as 2 pairs of 2 not 4 equally spaced runners....then a microtech and your laughing......tho i really don't think 20psi is the best or needed option but that's just my opinion..

call the engine builders, they should be able to source the springs etc...

For the money the rubild will cost i reckon a kick ass(read: beefed up) vr4 motor would be easier and probably more reliable

Dylan

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2003, 09:16 
Superuser
Superuser

yeah.. thinking about the VR4 conversion... can get a package for 1450 with computer. price on pistons is $792 which includes rings and pins, rods are $698... but have now been told there no good because the bolt size is actually smaller than standard! all in all, i don't really care how much it costs... more money just means a little more time of saving... as long as it hauls ass in the end.