It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 23:42

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2012, 13:15 
Superuser
Superuser

it idles fine but will not rev past 3000 under load or off it just sputters and if i keep my foot on the acclerator it just dies, have a small petrol leak for the past 3 weeks have been driving on it considering its not that bad, checked for vac leaks but nop but 2 days ago the car just turned off as i was coming to turn a corner and abit of white smoke came out from under the hood. It looks like the wires that lead to the afm have been shorted out maybe? Can see the casing the wires run through has melted abit looks abit frayed . But if it were the wires wouldnt that stop the car from starting at all? Plz help cheers brothers

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 17:11 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Your car: 2 Cordias White/Red 16 csa alloys, large front mount intercooler, 12 psi boost, full 3 inch exhaust, full stereo with 2 12 inch subs, boost control, GFB blow off valve
how about buying a new box with afm, and plug a new one in.....? man you seem to have alot of troubles....you a bit of a lead foot no doubt

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 18:29 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
I have an AB one here ready to go...........$50. :)

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 20:23 
Superuser
Superuser

haha ye bit of a lead foot but i dont go over board just casual boost here and there, i figured it what the problem was, the wires that are rivited to the back of the air box one of these wires weret connect and it looks really short i manged to get them touching and car runs fine but really need to replace it all, bitza ill pm you my mob give me a txt ill come pick it up asap,

BUT now a new fudging problem has occurred this morning on the way to work im coming to stop at traffic lights and i hear i slight sort of poof sound like something ejecting, when this happened on my old cordia i was told the solenoid on the gearbox was pushed into over drive or something like that? anyway what it is doing now is no gears are engaging..i can put it into gears but its like the clutch doesnt exist and the clutch hasnt not slipped or shown any issues since ive had it, any ideas? should i jut unbolt the vaccum housing from the gearbox and try push it out of over drive or what ever the fuk its done? cheers for the help

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 20:53 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Check the line from the manifold and the other hoses to the solenoid for splits or cracks..........if ok......unbolt the actuator itself and push the rod back into the box......you can pull it out but it will be forever in high range......something has gone wrong if the box neutralises.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 21:12 
Superuser
Superuser

ay bitza first thing i checked were leaks or splits in the vac line but nothing. So when u say unbolt the acuator and push the rod in even though it looks like its in all the way should it be in more then it is?is it bad that it will be in high range? Also what is the reason it does this! Fark

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 21:23 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

The shifter/overdrive needs to be pushed back in until it "clicks"...............high range will be ok, but first becomes second (and so forth up the pattern).........all you need is a little bit of dirt/grit/old oil in the solenoid/shifter and it won't engage...........leaving you with the problem you currently have.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012, 21:43 
Superuser
Superuser

uhk will give it a shot tomoz Thanks bro

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 12:31 
Superuser
Superuser

. .fudge! Ive tryed everythin acutor did nothing the car still goes into gear without the clutch even engaded...what could this be..

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2012, 10:05 
Superuser
Superuser

any ideas?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2012, 08:04 
Superuser
Superuser

Hey man, just food for thought,

My old cordia did exactly the same thing and it turned out the alternator wasnt producing enough current to keep up with 3000+ rpm
but kept enough charge to crank the motor over.... get a multi meter and test the charge whilst idling. it will take a minute of your time, but will
save u a headache if its something that simple.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2012, 14:39 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Your car: 85 model cordia with a tco6 turbo? but fair enough
hey guys im having the exact same bloody problem, well kind of, yesterday i was jus trying to get it to idle, as it fkin hates it with the bov on, well thats still a fail, but then i gave it a few revs, it reved to 2000 then dropped, i held the throttle flat all it did was bounce off 2000 like a limiter? anyone know what could cause that? and when its not doing that it idles shit and i have black smoke out of the exhaust? and under pressure it will cough and splutter like a bitch and hates the high revs, any help/advice would be brilliant

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2012, 21:29 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Disconnect your BOV....airflow metered car will run DEAD rich with a BOV open at idle or during gear changes!!

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 15:24 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

yea if i take of the vacuum hose off the top of the bov it idles fine, i unplugged the the wire running to air sensor box with the bov hose on, made no diff at all??? if i have the bov hose off the bov does not work, if i have hose on it works, but if i took the bov off i would loose all boost as all the air flow from the turbo to inlet would flow out the hole that the bov is meant to be on?

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 16:52 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Your car: AC Turbo 12/85. Great Car
Have u had ur Catalytic converter replaced ? I had sputters and use to die and it was fixed with a replacement converter

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2012, 17:47 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

no but it is very old, may be something ill look into, thanks bud :)