All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2011, 20:37 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

hi guys,

I have a single cam 4g63 in L200 ute, i have

autronic sm4 ecu
custom inlet/exhaust manifols
custom fuel system (044 pump/surge tank ect)
LS1 coils x 4
garrett gt28 b/b turbo
autronic boost controller
fmic
adjustable cam wheel
bored 20 thou over

other than that engine is standard

my question is what engine/head/cam mods would you recommend to really get this thing going??

i want to do this right first go, as you can see ive already spent about 6k on bits and pieces, so some genuine info would be great on how to get it making good reliable power

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2011, 17:49 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

head wise. normal stuff - cam, port, bigger valves. who does it is up to you ;)
another option is to change the head, I think the starion boys do this a bit, certain model SOHC heads are fairly easy to fit and flow better.
have a read on austarion.

yet another option is to go twincam head..... but i wouldn't recommend it. May aswell go a whole VR4 motor if you ask me!

if you stick with the SOHC 4g63 cams wise, you have little choices:

1) Regrind. wade and camtech i think do the "biggest" regrind's. but you are limited to how far you can grind it,
and MUST be adjustable tappets. but cheap and easy to do (wade regrind cost me $60 or something)

2) weld lobes and grind them. Allows a better range of profiles, but last time I investigated this Wade cams
would not do it on a street car because the cam wears out much faster when done like this.
pretty sure this is also quite dear to do.

3) Swap your rocker gear and cam over from a sonata or galant (same model you get MPI from from memory).
these use the same port designs but use a hydraulic lifter, roller follower setup.
last time i checked you CAN get billet cams for these models, then get a suitable grind. Contact RPW for more info.
This is the track i went down when i had my cordia (I also tried a wade re-grind on adjustable tappets).
It will cost you a bit for the cam, but the rocker gear you can pick up from the wreckers for sweet FA, and its a straight
swap over. :D