It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:29

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2011, 14:16 

Your car: 1985 Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo
I just bought a 1985 Cordia Turbo got it home and it didnt start it would try and turn over but nothing so i went and bought a throttle body and injectors nd put them on and still nothing the inlet is full of fuel i have got spark. I cant hear the fuel pump when i turn the reds on but when im turning it over i can hear it. As my other half is a ford fan and has cracked the shits with me nd the car its left up to me now, So i need all the help i can get people need to show him Cordias Rock...!!

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2011, 20:47 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
Fouled spark plugs?
no spark?
More info on symptoms

Where did you get the car from?

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2011, 20:51 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
Flooded?
Just floor the throttle and turn the key, will put the ECU into flood clear mode.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2011, 21:52 

There is spark, but number 4 was black 1 2 & 3 were wet.
It just keeps winding over nd wont start, but there is also a wire attached to the coil nd when i tested it, it lite up and i could the fuel up but it
stops when i leave the wire found that problem last night is strange because i havent heard the fuel pump kick in till then.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2011, 10:03 

does the tacho bounce a little when its cranking?

although crude, remove a spark plug and sit it in the lead somewhere metal so it is earthed and crank the car to check for spark as well

easiest way, but still crude to check for fuel pressure it to remove the return line on the passenger side of the throttle body and hit the starter for a second again, fuel will go everywhere for a couple of seconds

if you have both fuel and spark it comes down to something more mechanical/electrical

no spark/tacho bounce would possibly point towards the e101

no fuel, fuel pump/relay maybe

many other options but thats where i would start

also CHECK ERROR CODES! everyone forgets to do it but it can often tell you everything you need to know

also, moving to tech section.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2011, 10:08 

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1749&p=11816&hilit=error+codes#p11816

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2011, 14:55 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

How did you get the vehicle home? Under its own power or was it towed/transported?
Have you had it or seen it actually running before you bought it or even since, or did the person you bought it off say that, "it runs no worries" and you took them at their word without trying it yourself.

The fuel pump only runs when the key is turned to the start position and/or if the distributor is turning and the timing signal from the dizzy is getting back to the E101 and of course if that black box is working. If there is spark at the leads then all that from the dizzy is working, and as said before check the tacho to see if it is just giving a slight bounce off the zero as you turn the engine over.
It does sound though that it could just be flooded, so do the standard flooded engine start.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2011, 21:53 
Superuser
Superuser

Your car: 1984 AA cordia VR4 coversion, 3 inch exhaust, 3 inch intercooler with 2.5 inch pipes and tdo5h 20g Turbo, EMS computer, 650cc injectors, Bosch 910 Fuel pump
So you got fuel and you got spark.............check your timing belt sounds like it has jumped lucky they aren't an interference engine

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2011, 04:09 

I think it may just be a timing problem now, i have done everything everyone has said and i appricate everyones help and they say women cant work on cars yer right lol. Well guess i better get back out there thanks guys, but no luck so far =[

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 17:25 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

check that the knock sensor is screwed into the block tightly. Its on the inlet side of the block.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 07:00 

Woop Woop Thanks guys for all your help I finally got her running Woop Woop i think i was having a blonde moment or sumthink lol coz when i bought a new throttle body it came with injectors nd i got told they were new and that they came out of a running car well i took their word for it didnt I lol well i came to relise that the injectors were throwing out way to much fuel and when i took the injectors out to actually look at them for the first time they were different to the injectors that were originally in her plus the new 1s were both different to each other... So i cleaned up the original Injectors and the new throttle body put them back in and Wam Bam Thankyou Mam.. Lol I just had to adjust the timing abit. Now she is running better each time i start her i also have to remember that this is the first time she has been started in a few years.. :D Well Thankyou to everyone who gave me advise and helped me out. Yay i did it now who cant say that a woman cant get a non running car going all on her own (well with your guys help Shhhh..) lol The Partner was shattered nd now havent seen him since Bahahahaha Lmfao THANKS ONCE AGAIN GUYS

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 21:41 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
ab injectors on an ac?

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 20:55 

Your car: Cordia gsr
Definitely need help now u brought a cordia hahaha lol :)
Jokes