It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:41

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

How long have you owned your Cordia for?
Poll ended at 02 Oct 2003, 17:12
Less than 1 year 34%  34%  [ 10 ]
1-2 years 28%  28%  [ 8 ]
2-3 years 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
More than 3 years 28%  28%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 29
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2003, 17:12 
This poll is to determine how long Cordia owners keep their cars for before either selling it or writing it off. :wink:

Post subject: poll
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2003, 18:13 
how are you supposed to vote
am i stupid & can't see
david

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2003, 18:24 
The voting section is right at the top of the topic. You don't need to hit reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2003, 22:27 

You have to be a registered user to vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2003, 22:39 

Ive had mine for 1 week tomorrow ... lol

Car is pretty much mint sience i have basically resolved all the issues the vehicle was having, just need to weld the exhaust on better and get another air box from the wreckers and then shes mint.

But im sure i will discuss many of problems etc in the future :)

Check Out This Site! - http://www.boostcruising.com
Hawt Bitches - http://www.babefocus.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2003, 00:42 

had mine for 3 years 3 gearboxes and 3 motors :lol:
so now its getting a very tough twin cam motor built for it... i'm gonna need more gearboxes :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2003, 00:48 

7 months: 1 alternator, 1 clutch, 1 turbo..... none were my fault (HONESTLY!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2003, 20:12 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Only a couple of months...

Already melted the distributor and knock sensor.

Added a K&N filter, exhaust and boost control next. When i get the money, otherwise stock as a rock

Jeremy Clarkson

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2003, 20:58 
Resident Antichrist
Resident Antichrist

Had mine for 18 months.

It's dumped on it's ass (4" chopped springs, real springs and struts coming which will be about 3" lowered from stock), 5% tinted windows, electric blue pearl paint, 2.75" exhaust but otherwise it's stock.

I'm booked in for a VR4 conversion in 7 weeks where she'll get a stock VR4, 'Jap Spec' gearbox, Hybrid Intercooler (600x300x76 core) most likely although a Supra cooler might be used, Microtech LT8, possibly hi-flowed turbo, custom 2.5" cooler piping, engine bay wired up in a sexy blue/yellow theme, HKS Sequential BOV, HKS EVCIII Boost Controller, GReddy Turbo Timer. I'll be putting DBA slotted front rotors and magna TN rear discs on in about 2 weeks. I'll put decent pads and fluid in when I do this, and possibly braided hoses and a master cylinder brace.

I've probably forgotten a couple of things. . . will update if I remember any more.

Stereo going in will be Alpine R Series front 6.5" splits, 2x Alpine 12" R-Series subs, Alpine MRV-1507 sub amp (pulls just under 1200w into 1 channel - bench tested). Still got a few bits to get, like amp for fronts and head unit, but I'm getting there.

I've got some big plans for the motor, but they will have to wait about 12 months. I can't afford to work the tits off it just yet, but in about 12 months time I want to pull the motor and go hard with it, and do a 4WD conversion on the car. At this stage I'll probably buy something else and take the car off the road so I don't have to worry about legal issues, basically turning into a strip-monster.

Should be fun :)

Astaroth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2003, 14:47 

I've had mine for around 5 months I think - In that time I've done the intercooler, air filter and boost increase. Future plans include a new turbo and that's about it. I plan on owning it for maybe another two or three years before trading up to something more powerful and RWD or AWD turbo. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2003, 08:52 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

hi all
i have owned my for 3 years now but now i have lost it and went vr4 with all the goodies in and out of the engine :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2003, 04:28 

I've had mine for over two years now. It's feels like so much longer.

I'd need my own thread to list all the things I've had to replace on it though :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2003, 01:24 

almost a year. Dad got my VK Calais commodore totalled (not his fault thankfully). But i was happy with getting the AB :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2003, 03:10 

I've had mine since June '03, and it's travelled about 80 Km's in total, yes, 80,000 metres.

So far I've spent $1700 getting it back to stock spec as when I got it, it was in very very poor condition. It's still not running right and needs some more work done to it, hence the low ammount of kay's I've done. The clock reads 234,000, and I'm not sure if it's had a rebuild or not, but it still punts it pretty hard.

If I still have this car in a few months, I'm getting the entire exterior of the car fixed and patched up (headlight surrounds replaced, front GSR grill replaced, wheel arch trims replaced, door trims replaced, anything thats plastic basiclly needs replacing), front mount intercooler, up the boost a little, new air filter, new 2.5" zorst, turbo timer, type 2 BOV, and a few other bits and peices.

Interior of the car is immaculate, except the sun visors :P No rips, no scuff marks, nothing. Absolutely immaculate. I've got the AC Bucket Seats installed already, the steering wheel is getting replaced, gear shifter will be shortened, then off to stereo (not going into details there - still dunno what I want).

BTW, In the pic, I still have the headlight surrounds and the front grill looks fine. Since then, someone has tried to steal that front grill twice, coinsidentally smashing the surrounds and almost destroying the grill :(

Anyhow, theres the run-down on my POS.

More info here and here.

andy