It is currently 08 May 2024, 23:38

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2003, 16:58 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

The namez Davit,

I have an AC gsr 1.8 4g62t with a hybrid turbo tco5/tco6, besides that 15inch mags, lowered and fairly decent lookin.

I was coming home from the city down Ballarat rd, Around 4pm, this unassuming Toyota Starlet Life in some tropical blue/greenish hue with 15inch mags wit this short shifty lookin guy wit hes hat on and sunglasses on in the far left lane was in my rear view mirror since the city.

I thought to myself (Why do idiots do up these faggy cars man...anywayz

The lights turned red at the Braybrook Intersection of Ashley St and Ballarat road, (Think Clive Peeters on the left hand side) the guy entered the far left lane and I was in the middle lane, sitting right in front of the traffic lights. There was also a pack of fellas in a v8 in my rear view mirror and P plater hunnies in my rear view as well in another car.

I didnt pay any attention to the Starlet boy, had my music turned up and anticipated for the lights to change, creepin up/staging if you would like to call it, I started to rev to 3000rpm where the boost begins to kick in, the lights turned green and dropped the clutch...lousy shuddering of the engine mounts in first gear i grabbed gear 2 quickly, started to boost up and thinking id be outta there.

The Starlet guy noticed this, he was half a car length behind in the far left lane, only started to grab gear 2, all of a sudden i knew he wanted to play, so i absolutely floored it, but while im waiting for gear 3, hes car starts to shift already and swiftly from mine! "Wat da fck is going on..." PSH! up in gear 3! still revvin the nuts out of my car to red line, hes still pulling away, I cant catch him! now by a car length and a half away, gear 4 and its futile to even try at this point, hes pullin away even more! Im still trying!

Clickin just off 110kmz, I just slowed down, he noticed it as well, he did the same, 2 car lengths in front on the far left lane and he kept that distance, as if to make me never forget the distance he cained me...

Such an embarassing moment, I can take v6z beating me by close margins, dont care if v8z kick me...I have an excuse to deal with the loses at the traffic lights when these guys wanna drag, but by a Toyota Starlet life!, 1.3cc? or some shit it suppose to be! shifty fudge got something brewin in there for sure...

All i could think about is the chicks saw me lose to a shoppin trolley.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2003, 21:24 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Hey,

It was probably a Starlet GT with Life badges. Starlet GTs hammer. They have 100 kW and weigh just below 800 kg :-)

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2003, 22:06 
Non-Cordia Owner

Yeh exact same thing happened to me, I was "uneducated" about these poofy little Starlets until I race some rice dude in one, he bloody flogged me and I had no idea where he was getting his power from.

Well I got a couple of stories, 1st day i got my car I went out deliberatly looking for a race and I deparatly wanted an Exa to be my first victim. Was driving down Midleburgh Rd and I saw a shiny red one about 5-600m ahead so I punched it all the way up to him and just followed him until finally getting a red light together, I looked across and see this scrawny little 3yr old lookin kid behind the wheel so I reved it and he knew what I was hinting at so Im up at 2.5 and the lights change and....I stall it :oops: (Was my first car and was still trying to get manual together) Farken embarrasing, I even think the 2 chicks behind me were havin a laugh too. Anyways about 4-5months down the track I see him again and I couldnt believe it, he remembered me too and I raped his ass second time round.

Another time not long ago when the new Saab 93 Aeros came out, some old guy wanted to race his new $65000 car, so I plant it and kill him, thats what I love about Cordias, $3000 POS can beat $65000 prestige pimp mobiles.

Last one, my mate just got a set of pacemaker extractors and a 2.5 zorts put on his el xr6 or and he just put in a Daikin HD Clutch, he was always cocky cos he had a 6 and I just had a 4cyl and thought he could beat me especially with the new system now. He spent $1300 on the sys and I had spent maybe $700 max on mods and we raced about 6 times one night and he just couldnt beat me, i give that guy so much shit.

Rob

K&N air filter
Modified AFM
Re-Graphed dizzy
rear KYB struts
110.6wkw @ 13.3psi

~1999 Honda VFR800

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2003, 22:33 
Resident Cyclist

Your car: 3 Litre Magna
I was lined up against a playa in his 100% sotck mum's VP commodore, I knew there was a merge after the lights, so when she went green i trickled off the line so i could catch the commodore by suprise, slotted second, but when i lifted of first my blow off told the VP i was goin to try it, and he nailed it. So i've grabbed second and just held it flat to 6500rps, and only beat him coz he chickened out, i mean we were EXACTLY matched for power, and neither of us were ahead. turned into a traffic light game of chicken, and the commodore knew the cordia deserved right of way :D. I vowed it would never happen again, and once my VR4 arrives, i'm going 6 (and 8:twisted:) hunting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2003, 22:35 

yeah alot of people are putting MR2 3S-GTE engines in the starlet GT. something like 160fwkw!!!! so people look out! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2003, 22:43 
Resident Cyclist

Your car: 3 Litre Magna
I hope i have the pleasure of lining one up :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2003, 21:32 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I'm quite suprised at some of the cars i've beaten at various 'runs' around sydney. I've got an AC unleaded, tc05, 14psi, rx7 front mount, 2 1/2 exhaust and an extra injector plus other little mods.
kill list includes:
*2 x s14 200sx's (both slightly modified one manual, one auto)
*VR SS commodore
*VX commo with a GEN 111 V8 (this really shocked me!)
*TYPE R integra
*every cordia i've ever raced (no VR4s!) :D
*Various other things
So yeah i'm pretty happy with the humble $3000 cordia as it definitely goes hard in terms of $'s spent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2003, 09:26 

i was cruisin last night in brissy, chopped a gsr lance to bits, was a chick driving it but still, funny thing was she tried to start me. 8)

Post subject: pleez
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2003, 09:26 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Dont take me for a fool, I can distinguish between a Toyota Starlet GT and a Life THANK YOU!

There completely different cars...I WAS beaten by the LIFE not the turbo'd GT Starlet...plus I rarely seen these little pocket rockets around Vic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2003, 20:35 

Hmmmm.... Well my chop list is very small....

I get chopped by EVERYTHING on the street as I get a little over eager when traffic light racing as end up smoking all of first and second gear. So by the time I get traction it's all over... :?

lol

My girlfriend beat me to 60kpg in her Pintara the other day - but after 60kph it's all over coz that's when my car starts to get up and gooooooo!!

:twisted:

:P

Post subject: heres a good one
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2003, 14:34 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

ok the other night i was racing my mates 13b turbo rx7 along epping road in sydney when suddenly notice a black SS commodore come up behind me at a rapid pace. SHIT!! got pulled over, cop was alright, gave me a lecture about doing 125 in a 70 zone and how I could be given $2500 worth of fines and lose my licence for 6 months on the spot. Then told me to get out of the car and open the boot and bonnet. Defect time! Didnt do too badly as i don't think he knew much about cars. Only got done for tyres/wheels, Blow-off valve, slight oil-leak from rocker cover and musical air-horns. I could have done a lot worse. Bad part was that because of the oil-leak i wasn't allowed to drive the car at all and got a RED sticker. Bugger!
Funniest part was when he asked me if I'd had my bald front tyres on the back and been doing burnouts. I promptly told him 'It's front wheel drive' and started laughing. He said "What a starion?" my laugh got louder and thats why I think i got the red sticker. Dumbc@#T!!. Anyway defects have already been cleared so no big deal. Lucky I didnt get done for the speeding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2003, 21:19 
Expert Wheel Alignments
Expert Wheel Alignments

OK, one of my all time faviourites. This is good...

Me and a mate were out on Princess Hwy late friday night about 6months ago in my red cordia. I was driving, he was drinking. We used to take it in turns each weekend.
Anyway, im sitting at the lights, and a black VLturbo pulls up next to me. Its a bit rough looking. I look over at the guy, big serious looking wog dude, with what looks like his mum in the passenger seat. Then i notice the 'L' plates. And see why his mum is in the car.
I start reving my car, launching forward, egging him on. My passenger, pretty drunk at this stage leans accross and starts saying things like, "come on mate, bet it hasnt got any balls" etc
The turn arrow goes yellow, i bring my revs to about 3200rpm ready to stage, then i hear the VL start staging, Lights go GREEN and we're off. I glance over at what was going on in the VL, and while we're flat out going for it, his mum is belting the living shit of the guy driving...
my mate is in histerics, i back off at about 100 and let him pass. All i can hear is a greek woman shouting at her son at the top of her lungs in greek as the car flies past... :lol:
I'll never forget that one

GT Legacy - AWD turbo shagin wagon
Swift GTi - new boy racer daily
Gen4 JDM Honda Prelude VTiR - FS $6K. pm me. vtec yo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2003, 21:35 
Non-Cordia Owner

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH breath HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thats gold Jerry!

Rob

K&N air filter
Modified AFM
Re-Graphed dizzy
rear KYB struts
110.6wkw @ 13.3psi

~1999 Honda VFR800

Post subject: Cordai racing :)
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2003, 20:14 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I always love to read this stories :)

I would also like to say few wqords about my mate milosh and his beast :)
We are from Melbourne had few cordias but never came to meet you guys, one day :)
Anyway, his was 1.8 with mods was pushing 200kw at the engine22 psi.It was white with bodykit, and cooler at te front maybe people from Melbourne saw this car.We used to chop cars left and right.

One night we were coming from out mates place in Chadstone.This guy in gts sklyline , which had 3 inch exhaust that't all we could see was being cocky.He had his girlfriend next to him and he was asking fot trouble.

Now, you guys from Melbourne know that straight peace of the road Princess HWy from Chadstone to Springvale rd.He started pulling away at 100 .
All of you guys know how cordia go top end, anyway Miloshes could get up in 3rd up tp 185 with out problems and 4th was strong as well.We just passed him at 140kmh and we could just hear him trying to catch up to us.We didn't stop at all we just kept going and going we reached top speed of 240 -250 kmh :))) Now a lot of you we say bull stop talking s..., Good thing i have this taped on my Video camera :)) So when i get to it i will put some sort of video online so you can see it.
At the next set of lights we were waiting for them, his girlfriend opened her window and said, " Oh you have really nice car"The guy was so ashamed :)))It was really funny
Good old memories :)

I hope you liked it:)
Take care

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2003, 13:08 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Man Goran datz funny sht, hail to the top end prowess of the CORDIA!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2003, 09:19 

farkin, went out last night, embarrased 2 180's, and just got up on a wrx with his women in the passenger seat. haha no one suspects the shit box. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2003, 20:49 
Non-Cordia Owner

Hehehe, I luv iet!

Rob

K&N air filter
Modified AFM
Re-Graphed dizzy
rear KYB struts
110.6wkw @ 13.3psi

~1999 Honda VFR800

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2003, 02:35 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Hey Goran,

I don't mean to be inflammatory, but that is crap dude. If you use mathematical calculation, at 6000 rpm in third gear, the 1.8L 4G62 will do 130 km/h with 205/50/15 tyres which is roughly the same if u keep the standard rolling radius on different sized tyres/rims. If his tyres were way out you still wouldn't get 185 kmh in third. If you factor in momentum, you might get 140 km/h in third. To get 185 km/h in third you'd have to be revving that poor engine to 8500 rpm which is just not possible on a standard 4G62.
I'd like to add that I have no doubt that he chopped many people at 22 psi. But he was probably in 4th.

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2003, 11:53 

raced a r33 gtst in santo's car last weekend both started out at 110 kph on the highway we floored it in 5th first got the jump on it, skyline down shifts to 4th and only just crept past us at around 160

CORDIA BUILD BELOW
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuE4NT ... 954epi0wBw

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2003, 12:57 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Ocyrion wrote:
Hey Goran,

I don't mean to be inflammatory, but that is crap dude. If you use mathematical calculation, at 6000 rpm in third gear, the 1.8L 4G62 will do 130 km/h with 205/50/15 tyres which is roughly the same if u keep the standard rolling radius on different sized tyres/rims. If his tyres were way out you still wouldn't get 185 kmh in third. If you factor in momentum, you might get 140 km/h in third. To get 185 km/h in third you'd have to be revving that poor engine to 8500 rpm which is just not possible on a standard 4G62.
I'd like to add that I have no doubt that he chopped many people at 22 psi. But he was probably in 4th.

Alex

Was thinking the same thing also my speedo only goes to 220 how did you know you were going 240-250?