That's the spirit! :D

PostPosted: 28 May 2016, 18:19 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

:D Thanks man!

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2016, 19:28 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

The cordia will soon be parked. I'll be in the seat of an evo 8 gsr in about 2 weeks. Won't have time to do anything but park it outside and put a car cover on it. It'll be undercover on concrete but will still be exposed to the elements. I wish you could get a big bag and vacuum seal it, keep all the bugs and dust out. Maybe i should wrap it in glad wrap...

I'm really noticing some creaks and groans coming from the cords lately though. The crack in the chassis near the right front strut tower that i had welded up years ago has started to open up again. And all is not right at the rear. I've never done anything to the rear beam axle but does anyone know if it's possible to regrease the joint in the middle? I've been loosing grease out of there slowly for a while and i guess if the joint goes dry it will start making some groans.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 23:01 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Drove the cordia into sydney the other week. I'm not afraid of sitting for long periods in traffic now since i improved the earthing on the car...doesn't try and stall on me anymore.

Anyways, going through auburn this hilux driving next to me wouldn't pass me. I accelerated and he would match my speed. I look over and the driver is waving at me. I thought alright, don't know what this guys issue is, so i wound down the window and he straight away yells "you wanna sell your car". I said maybe. So i pull over and he stops behind me. And these 3 dudes all hop out of this truck.

I started thinking that if they offer me a decent price i could be swayed. The first thing one of the guys says to me is "is this a sprinter?". I started laughing. No mate it's not. When i told them it was a cordia they had no idea what it was. And when they found out it was fwd they lost interest completely. No one has a clue these days what a cordia is. They were pretty good blokes in the end and we had a bit of a chat and then i continued on my merry way.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 21:49 

Your car: 1988 Cordial GSR
Gawd that makes me feel old....

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 15:52 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Young turds mate :)

Don't worry,there are plenty of us out there who know what cordia is

I always loved them and always will.

PS: I wouldn't be stopping when 3 guys in a Hilux ask to pull over to look at the car, 3rd gear .. boost :)

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 16:55 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

GORAN wrote:
Young turds mate :)

Don't worry,there are plenty of us out there who know what cordia is

I always loved them and always will.

PS: I wouldn't be stopping when 3 guys in a Hilux ask to pull over to look at the car, 3rd gear .. boost :)

I hear ya lol...was a bit hesitant but i stopped on the main street of ashfield, so plenty of people around and there was a copshop not too far away. I've given up trying to get the price i want for it. A 250kw cordia just sold on ebay for $3700, which i don't think has as much done to it as mine (small things). But you never get your money back on small things, despite the expense. So fark it! I'm keeping it. Just took out some comprehensive insurance on it, first time ever. Wasn't much more than the 3rd party property i was paying.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 17:44 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
Nice one Simon...........I would have done the same thing..........will NEVER sell Bitza in a heartbeat!!

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2017, 23:19 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

You'd be crazy if you did. It's the best looking cordia in Australia, and therefore the world! The older i get the more i think the two-tone colour scheme suits the cordia down to the ground. Would love to do it myself but two-tone doesn't suit a white car. Might end up painting it a different colour.

Also ended up using an awesome product to fasten any bits of plastic that want to fall off. For me it was one of the plastic strips between the drivers window and the rear passenger window. It's been threatening to come off at highway speeds for a while now, so i took it off, removed all the rubber sikaflex stuff that was holding it on, and used some 3M acrylic foam double sided tape (4991). This stuff will hold anything. Didn't get to take any pics as it started to rain just as i was applying the tape so i had to hurry. Great stuff though.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2017, 09:18 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I agree with both of you, do not sell them.. ever...

I found my best mates car after so many years and gave it back to him as a gift , and we are both
going to finish it off.

He said, when it's all done you can take it whenever and drive it like in old times, he used to give me that
car for couple of weeks at the time.

That cordia was a steal at $3700.

Who bought it? anyone here?