It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:16

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Transplant
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2012, 22:34 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: 81 GH Sigma
85 GK GSR Sigma
85 AB GSR Cordia
whacked the new autometer lines in tonight after work.

and noticed the heater is leaking a bit, just my f***ing luck, just when ive got all the interior
back together. so annoying. i noticed it the other week tightened the heater hoses and thought it was
alright. but the cars been sitting for a week and its lost bout 2cm out of the coolant bottle. all of the floor no doubt
i cleaned the other weekend.

anyone want a car before i set it on fire? everytime fix something, something else breaks. endless pit of money and time.
i understand older cars need more love, but never had this much trouble with any car, guess its cursed lol.

no way in hell i am taking the interior apart again, the person who was spose to check/repair heater can do it. why can't people do things properly especially if your paying them?

Driving a Cordia is not a Crime

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2012, 06:56 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Won't be anything left to fix soon, then you'll be right for the next 20 years!

If you've got a receipt take it back and dump it on the blokes doorstep, faulty work isnt your problem!!

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 22:18 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

85 GK GSR Sigma
85 AB GSR Cordia
Yeah hopefully hehe

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012, 14:18 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Your car: UFO
Do you trust him to work on your car?

Considering he couldn’t do his own job properly, how do you think he would perform when put outside his comfort zone?

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 23:30 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

85 GK GSR Sigma
85 AB GSR Cordia
true, but it's alot of work to take it out again, i'll prob just end up doing it anyway.
i think its leaking from the valve thingo but not 100%. it's not leaking alot but enough to be a pain
and will prob leak more underload, dunno. just have to put up with it for awhile other wise it'll never get finished.

Hows your car going?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 00:05 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Your car: UFO
Lol don't ask, home renovations killed my life! I will start working on her soon.

I ran into problems with the oversized valves I had purchased, need to order new ones now!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 01:49 
Superuser
Superuser

hey mate i have just read you posts and what a mad job u have done!!!!!! and did not give up trough the tuff times, i have been through same problems as u and gave up on it after 3 long painful years...... but after reading you posts u have mad me want to get the old girl out of the shead and get my hands dirty again and i thank you 4 that !!!!! i have allways loved evo85's old cordia and its realy good to see such a nice car go to a good owner... LOVE YOU WORK AND KEEP IT GOING :D

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012, 20:58 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

85 GK GSR Sigma
85 AB GSR Cordia
TRQ-STR wrote:
Lol don't ask, home renovations killed my life! I will start working on her soon.

I ran into problems with the oversized valves I had purchased, need to order new ones now!

Yeah sometimes it hard to find time for cars, hope it all works out

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2012, 21:12 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

85 GK GSR Sigma
85 AB GSR Cordia
ido13s wrote:
hey mate i have just read you posts and what a mad job u have done!!!!!! and did not give up trough the tuff times, i have been through same problems as u and gave up on it after 3 long painful years...... but after reading you posts u have mad me want to get the old girl out of the shead and get my hands dirty again and i thank you 4 that !!!!! i have allways loved evo85's old cordia and its realy good to see such a nice car go to a good owner... LOVE YOU WORK AND KEEP IT GOING :D

Thanks man ive been so close to giving up so many times.
Glad to hear this post is getting u back into it. Sometimes u Gota
Take a break and come back to it, its the best thing most of the time

Yeah u should get it goin need more cords on the road
And show all these ugly newer cars, the old cords still have
Fight in em haha

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 13:50 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

85 GK GSR Sigma
85 AB GSR Cordia
put her on the dyno this morning, we ran her in a bit
ev thing looks ok, no leaks etc so far. only thing is i didn't do the alternator belt up tight enough
other than that all ok :)

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 23:57 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
Very nice man lets see some numbers soon!

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 09:08 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Your car: Evo 8
Does it still need to go through Regency? Now your finished....wanna sell it :p

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 14:21 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

85 GK GSR Sigma
85 AB GSR Cordia
cordiaaaturbo wrote:
Very nice man lets see some numbers soon!

Yea actually they did few peak runs yesterday too.
Started with around 120fwkw. They tinkered with timing a lil bit
Best run was max power 134.9fwkw @ 154kph max torque 500.4nm @ 110 kph
(4th gear run i think) Not bad starting figure considering everything is standard ATM.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 14:29 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

85 GK GSR Sigma
85 AB GSR Cordia
Jon wrote:
Does it still need to go through Regency? Now your finished....wanna sell it :p

Yeap still have to go to the lovely people at regency, I'm
Sure they'll find something haha.

Depends how much of a hard time they give me then, I guessing a lot
Cos I'm young and the car looks half decent.
Dunno what I can do with it if all goes pear shaped... But oh we'll cross that bridge
When it happens.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 16:24 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Your car: Evo 8
It should really be that bad, as the car is engineered with the 63 DOHC, and has been appropriately brake testes, emissions tested etc. As long as you have Brads cert. you should be relatively OK. It's beeter if the car looks well presented (in their eyes) as it shows you have taken the time to do things properly, you give a shit and it shows you have respect for them.

Just remember to be calm and stick to your guns about the paper work. One thing I would do is ring up ServiceSA and get the engine number changed to your current engine BEFORE you go to the appointment. Just tell them the other engine started blowing smoke and it was cheaper to replace the whole engine.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 18:10 
Superuser
Superuser

Your car: AB VR4 owner
Jon wrote:
One thing I would do is ring up ServiceSA and get the engine number changed to your current engine BEFORE you go to the appointment. Just tell them the other engine started blowing smoke and it was cheaper to replace the whole engine.

I'm not 100% sure how it would go with the car having a defect...but you would need to fill in a form to have the engine number changed its not quite as simple as a phone call...then it has to be approved by vehicle standards and then new rego papers sent out. I thought it was a simple process too but not as straight forward as I thought but then again I was trying to get a 4g63 approved....may be give vehicle standards at Regency Park a call to see if it will be as simple as Jon has stated....stranger things have happened :D

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012, 22:04 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

85 GK GSR Sigma
85 AB GSR Cordia
Jon wrote:
It should really be that bad, as the car is engineered with the 63 DOHC, and has been appropriately brake testes, emissions tested etc. As long as you have Brads cert. you should be relatively OK. It's beeter if the car looks well presented (in their eyes) as it shows you have taken the time to do things properly, you give a shit and it shows you have respect for them.

Just remember to be calm and stick to your guns about the paper work. One thing I would do is ring up ServiceSA and get the engine number changed to your current engine BEFORE you go to the appointment. Just tell them the other engine started blowing smoke and it was cheaper to replace the whole engine.

Clueless wrote:
Jon wrote:
One thing I would do is ring up ServiceSA and get the engine number changed to your current engine BEFORE you go to the appointment. Just tell them the other engine started blowing smoke and it was cheaper to replace the whole engine.

I'm not 100% sure how it would go with the car having a defect...but you would need to fill in a form to have the engine number changed its not quite as simple as a phone call...then it has to be approved by vehicle standards and then new rego papers sent out. I thought it was a simple process too but not as straight forward as I thought but then again I was trying to get a 4g63 approved....may be give vehicle standards at Regency Park a call to see if it will be as simple as Jon has stated....stranger things have happened :D

yeah it's a grey area dunno what to do, I'll just take it for the defect inspection and go from there, i guess, cos brad's engine number is on all the paper work anyway, so hopefully won't all have to be re-tested but i'm guessing it will.
think this part is going to be the hardest part of the whole exercise! as his engine was engineered when he had drums on the back still, for memory have to go through the papers. having discs on the back is better, but they may argue the braking percentages aren't right, dunno till its tested. oh well just have to go with the flow. hopefully won't have to be re-engineered, i rang service sa before i bought to make sure, they assured me it wouldn't have to be re-engineered. but i don't believe anything they say, because i rang up about things before, evtime get diff answer or something. don't trust em as far as i can throw em. But any way see what happens aye. Think negative and it'll go positive hopefully hahaha.

Um she locked up in reverse again last night, its always when i reverse up the lil hill into the shed, but once again, when happened gear selector felt like was in neutral, but still in reverse jack it up, and wheels were reversing when started up.
i fiddled with the bolt were the pedal rests on when u release the clutch, also the nut on the master cylinder where the pedal connects to it. couldn't get it moving, took of the shifter and tried moving the gear selector at gearbox, got that moving eventually, put the shifter back on, could get 3 and 4th ok locked out of 1st 2nd even with car off. monkied round for hours, and once again the only way too get it moving again was bleed the clutch again? such an intermittent problem.
what you guys reckon? ive tightened up all clutch line joins etc. but when its working majority of the time, and working and feeling good, then it does this again when you least expect it.

umm in other news got a 5" taco with shift light, same series as the boost gauge to match, for later on if get it on the road, dunno a good place to mount it though

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 22:51 
Superuser
Superuser

have you tried pumping the clutch pedal when the gears locks up. If it works when you have bled it you would think there may be some air in the lines?? can you see any air bubbles come out when bleeding?

85 GSR - worked 4G62, Hi-Flow TC06 and more.. Gone to new home.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 23:30 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
seals on either master/slave could be stuffed letting in air, but usually that lets the fluid escape is the slave wet behind the rubber? what about fluid going down the firewall?

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 19:42 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

85 GK GSR Sigma
85 AB GSR Cordia
GSR MAN wrote:
have you tried pumping the clutch pedal when the gears locks up. If it works when you have bled it you would think there may be some air in the lines?? can you see any air bubbles come out when bleeding?

Yea tried pumping it fast and tried pulling out of
Gear no luck till I bleed it again, yeah think your right
Gotta be air, I tightened up all the fittings to the clutch
Maybe I need to do it again?

cordiaaaturbo wrote:
seals on either master/slave could be stuffed letting in air, but usually that lets the fluid escape is the slave wet behind the rubber? what about fluid going down the firewall?

Another good point, hopefully it's not all over the new
Paint. I got new clutch master and slave and all
New lines, be is both my old ones leaked. But still
Possible u have to have a look. Maybe the fittings they put
On the hose r leaking. Thanks for the ideas guys. Appreciate it !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next