It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:06

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 12:41 
Superuser
Superuser

Hey guys....

Some of you might remember me, if not my name is Bradley and have owned 3 GSR's heres a re-cap

My first cordia... AB GSR custom paint exhaust and more boost than it should have had (i was 18 when i had her and didnt know any better, it resulted in a swift painful death, and im sure that some one on this forum to date still has it... dodgy picture but u will get the idea.. please step forward if u see this, would love to hear from you =).

After that one died i went back to my first car which was a trust VK berlina 202efi.....

i drove that around for about a year after the orange one died.... then i fell in love with this =) AB GSR Stock clean zorst and usual minor mods... was my wifey for a good 2-3 years

then she died (well not dead, but i couldnt afford to fix her.... well i could but it wouldnt have been worth while cos over the years it had developed quite a few km and rust spots and a few other mechanical problems...

at that point i was a bit down on the cordias cos of the usual annoyances ie. parts availability reliability.. so i went back aussie made... i purchaced a MINT VP CALAIS...

then i had the pleasure of experiencing buttsecks at the hand of a retard in a pusar

And this time the crash WAS a write off... i have to admit i cried.....

after that all i had on my mind was CORDIA CORDIA CORDIA CORDIA!.. so i spent a good while shopping for one, without satisfaction. (soo many shitty cordias going up for sale not funny... stop it!!)
slightly disheartened by this i went back aussie, i LOVED my calais but it didnt have the power i wanted.... SOOOOO this came up for sale... and i bought it

VP SS 5L

I still have this car today, and is currently in "Pre sale" mode and will be advertised soon.... why u ask???

Well im going back to a Cordia GSR....... which i am picking up in about 30 mins............. im heaps excited, i think i just pee'd a little hahaha>>>

i will post its details and pics when i get home... thanks for listening to my dribble..... BTW if any1 here owns any of my previouse cordias plz let me know.....

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 16:04 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Your car: Evo 8
G'day Brad. Not sure if you remember me, I'm Jon you bought my wrecked Maroon GSR off me...

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 17:10 
Superuser
Superuser

hey jon yeah i remember u, yeah ive gotten a few bits and pieces off u aswell as the maroon one...... hope ure well bro..

i got the spec list for the new cordia...

2L dash motor
TD-05 turbo
what looks like a VR4 FMIC
Microtech -not sure what model... still currently not tuned to car.
but has a dual stage boost controller
body kit
silver in color
18" BSA rims
stock interior.....
"Decent" body i guess for an 84.
3" mandrel zorst
bilstein shocks all round
K-mac camber kit
turbo smart 38 waste gate..

unsure on power figures, needs a GOOD tune...
ill get some pics soon...

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 18:18 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Cordia Turbo AC GSR,
Wrecked AB GSR,
CB GSR,
VZ Acclaim Wagon
So did you end up gettin it off Gumtree or Ebay? Its the one just around the corner from me, The one you were hangin shit on jon, Remember? Well i think its a very nice lookin Cordia! I drove past it like 10 times tossin up wether or not to buy it!! Did you get it with the black rims or the chrome ones> The black ones were nicer but i think they were 17's and the chromes were 18's. Got it from Andrews Farm yeah?
We'll have to go for a cruise! :D

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 18:22 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Wrecked AB GSR,
CB GSR,
VZ Acclaim Wagon
Oh yeah, Your first cordia is for sale on Ebay at the moment!

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2010, 18:38 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Like I said in the other post, I don't know the car, but I know cars. That being said from what I remember of Brad, he is a good guy to get the car, cos he will fix it up nicely and bring it back to it's former glory.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 08:11 
Superuser
Superuser

yeah guys that's the one from Andrews farm... i got it with the 18's i saw the 17's there and they where all scratched and fked.. these ones are almost perfect and have better tires on them . the thing has been neglected soo bad.... had alot of money spent on mods and none on the stuff that matters... atm its blowing heaps of smoke because the oil line going to the turbo is wayy too big and blowing oil past the seals and into the exhaust. but dad has contacts thru work with pyrtek i think its called and they can do another one up the proper size cheap... does any1 here know the proper oil flow rate for the td05?? or will it pay for me to do some research, i was just going to get a restrictor for the line, but i want it to look neat..... yeah PSI im always keen to meet up with members, i would rather do it when car is running properly tho hahaha..... im going to have to do some hunting around to find the rest of the plastics for the body, im guessing they are pretty rare these days.. good to hear from u guyz.. glad to see the forum isnt completely dead =)

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 10:41 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

AB GSR-T wrote:
atm its blowing heaps of smoke because the oil line going to the turbo is wayy too big and blowing oil past the seals and into the exhaust. but dad has contacts thru work with pyrtek i think its called and they can do another one up the proper size cheap... does any1 here know the proper oil flow rate for the td05?? or will it pay for me to do some research, i was just going to get a restrictor for the line, but i want it to look neat.....

That is an interesting theory on why it is smoking. Where does the oil line going to the turbo come from? Just because it is a large oil line doesn't mean that it will have high pressure and it still needs to get into the turbo through a small hole in the inlet anyway. I would be inclined to check the oil drain, crankcase pressure and finally the turbo itself before the oil feed.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 11:25 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Wrecked AB GSR,
CB GSR,
VZ Acclaim Wagon
AB GSR-T wrote:
yeah PSI im going to have to do some hunting around to find the rest of the plastics for the body, im guessing they are pretty rare these days.. good to hear from u guyz..

Dude, Im your man :D What plastics are you chasing? If you get in quick ive got a complete cordia in my front yard im stripping. Lemme know what plastics your after and ill pull them off for you!!! ;)

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 11:28 
Superuser
Superuser

thanks for the suggestion coop1er, i have been told from a few sources to change the oil line.... then go from there. seems to be the simplest explenation.... ill take a pic of the setup and upload it for ya mate..

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 11:29 
Superuser
Superuser

thans PSI, soz i didnt see ure post b4.... ill let ya know mate thanx :P

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 11:36 
Superuser
Superuser

heres the pix, first one is goin into the turbo

second is where its coming from

and thridly is just showing the width..... any help will be great ta'

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 11:45 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Well I stand corrected on the gate.
What Coop is trying to say is that the oil line can be as big as it wants, it is still only going to flow as mnuch as the outlet form the oil pump and inlet to turbo will allow to flow.
I too would be checking your engines breathers and drain line, for some reason oil is getting into the chamber.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 11:49 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
Yeap.............First thing I would be doing is remove that line and replace it with the normal one.............that goes in the head.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 11:51 
Superuser
Superuser

thanks jon... hmmm, perhapse i should have someone take a look at it then.. im not TERRIBLY cluey with cars unfortunately :(

and yes the line will be replaced on tuestay i think.......

BTW its not blowing constant smoke only when i back off then start accelerating again.... well thats the only time ive noticed it, ive only done bout 25km siince i got it yesterday, and i still have my SS to drive around..

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 12:00 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

The fact that the line comes from the oil filter housing rather than the head suggests that you would have higher oil pressure going into the turbo than the standard setup. So replace that feed line with the standard pipe from the head first. Normally Mitsubishi turbos can handle higher oil pressure though. If that doesn't fix it then go with my other suggestions.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 14:10 
Superuser
Superuser

hmmmm, yeah im gna try my first idea, then if it doesnt work ill re-route the line to where it should go... i apreciate ure input alot coop1er thanks for takin the time for ure suggestions =)

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 01:26 
Superuser
Superuser

BAHHH!!, now she wont start. she just cranks over and over and over until the battery dies -_-'

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 13:22 
Superuser
Superuser

WOOT got it started, all it was is the coolant temperature sensor wires fallen off.........

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 18:51 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

That wouldn't make it not start, it would make it run rich, I guess if you turned it over enough it would have flooded.