It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:12

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 13:18 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Hi all,

Long time no post.

How's everybody? I can see some old members are still hanging around, good to see! :)

I was just thinking 8-10 years ago having a wrx, evo, skyline with min. mods used to be quick and original to have.

These days it seems everybody has one.

Even a new wrx or evo when you look at them there is just something that's missing.Yes they are quicker than before but just the make of them these days doesn't appeal to me as the older models.Something is missing!?

These days even a family holden SS with min mods will have 300kw +.

I remember the days when evo's were limited imports and to have one to run 4.5 sec on the street was unique and rare.

Even our cordias seem to be dying out bit by bit, they are getting sold for peanuts and even long ago desired vr4 one's seem not to sell or sell for very a low price.

So, what do you all think of street car scene compered to 5-10 years ago?

In light of that this is my new ride i choose to go a different way. i hope you like it.

All the best!

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7427/cam1u.jpg

Sorry for only 1 photo.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 19:52 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Your car: DOHC 2.3 VR4 85 AB GSR
Immaculate Stock 86 AC GSR
Nice.................gota love a camaro.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 22:24 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

this is funny, me and a mate were having a similar conversation like this the other day. and i agree, it has changed heaps!

back in the day, there were very few people with imports or turbo jap cars. even fewer that had done any work to them!
back then where i was living, i can think of about 3 or 4 people who had modded jap cars, which included myself. everyone used to rock around in vn ss.... the fancy/richer people had the vr/vs ss.... and standard cordia's running 15psi was enough to scare most people! (and this is only going back about 5 years mind you!)
now there are still the v8 commodore crowd, but there are turbo cars everywhere! ranging from rough as, barely on the road, to 10s monsters! and its not uncommon for the commodores to be pushing 260+kw.
i still think the old 170kw cordia will stand up to most of them though haha :twisted:

i also agree with you about the new cars.... lets face it, they look like shit! everything has just lost that old style aggresiveness. and sure, there is alot of power on tap for a lot of cars, but the fuckers are so heavy now! i looked on the rego sticker of a mates VE sv6 ute.... weighs in at something like 1,700kg.... for a fudging ute! :lol: :roll:

nice car btw 8)

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 22:29 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I was wondering if you where still in a cordia, the camaro is totaly different, I think you sold your purple cordia to phraser yeah ?

its alot harder to sell turbo cars these days due to p-plate laws and also you can pick up a Evo 1 these days for around $10K or a GSR for $4k

AC Wanted $$$(must have 4g62t, or I can swap it back)

last cordia:
Blue 88 GSR turbo AC with 62t, TD05 14B and FMIC
(I WOULD LIKE IT BACK IF POSSIBLE, OLD REG SYH354)

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 00:37 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Your car: UFO
Damn that thing is sex.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 08:48 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I sold my Corida to Phraser than he sold it to somebody else.I would like to know who has it these days.

All the running hear was sold to Doug but i've heard he didn't have much luck with the car and sold everything as well.

I was thinking the same, i agree.I still believe who ever holds to a Cordia in next 10 years it will be rare ( I am thinking Phraser :) )

Maybe i am just getting a bit older hehe and i just wanted to get something that will hold and increase in value in years to come, a bit unique and have a bit of power.

It's a ,5.7L Chev 350, 4 speed manual.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 15:36 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
very nice, prefer the cordia any day tho :D

current car seen, has been destroyed by hoon laws, dumb drivers, the media including youtube (a big contributer to our bad name as car hoons rather than enthusiasts) and p-plater laws by the time they can drive a turbo there working (more often than not) and can afford sti's and ve ss and crap like that, also with the bolt-on market going the way it is who would want a car u have to modify with a welder a hammer and an angle grinder(me), when with 2 12mm bolts u have a new supercharger on your vt commonwhore (exaggeration but u get the point)

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 16:45 

bolt on mods are cheaper. the cars they go on aren't. woulda saved myself a packet getting a car that could just buy off shelf parts for though.

i think all the crack downs and laws they've put in and harassed everybody with is killing everything. wonder what they'll target once/if they kill the modded car scene...

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 17:03 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: 98 LS400 and 180sx
they'll probably start harrasing car manufacturers into making less powerful cars.. :(

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 22:04 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

is Dave from dandy still on the forums? ( he also owned a XA coupe, Ive always wanted to see that painted)

I ended up with Nashstyles old Cordia, my ex blue ac cordia was on ebay about 1 year ago but never seen it since

AC Wanted $$$(must have 4g62t, or I can swap it back)

last cordia:
Blue 88 GSR turbo AC with 62t, TD05 14B and FMIC
(I WOULD LIKE IT BACK IF POSSIBLE, OLD REG SYH354)

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 10:58 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

I don't think the problem is the law on young drivers. To some degree i agree that power should be limited to new drivers. Even a stock holden sv6 will have 190 kw, there is planty of idiots out there that can kill themselves even with that.

The new laws have killed Cordia's popularity, as a new p plater you can't drive them because of the turbo and by the time you can drive a turbo car most people will have jobs and money to buy something better anyway.

I think in 5 years time most people will get rid of cordias only few will be left, even this forum is not popular as it was.

There is just so many imports out there, cheap and quick.Remember when Evos were the fastest things going around, these days there is so many options, xr6 turbo, holden ss etc that people are moving on from jap cars.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 18:58 

85_cordia_GSR wrote:
they'll probably start harrasing car manufacturers into making less powerful cars.. :(

i've heard that suggested on the news numerous times.. the argument comes in that why are they building cars that can go in excess of 110kph when thats the highest speed limit in aus...

its bs really... if your being an idiot you can still kill yourself or someone else in a car that has sfa power...and in reality i reckon an underpowered car is more dangerous as you dont have the power you need to get yourself out of trouble at times

the issue is drivers attitudes, impatience ie taking a gap in traffic that isnt really big enuf but still going and hopeing that they will brake for you... they shouldnt have to though, you shouldnt take the gap. arrogance, thinking that you are a direct decendant from schumacher/senna/brock/lowndes etc and driving a car faster than is safe in the conditions, those guys do/did it for a living and as ilustrated by 2 of the guys i mentioned the still come unstuck and die, not your not invincible i think every learner should do a advnaced driving course and realise that a car does not always befanve as you expect once you cross the grip threshold, they should also be shown the remains of a car that hits a tree at 80kph, its scary just how little is left even of a large car like a commodore

the modded car scene will never die.... its in our genetics that we wanna go fast, gets the heart pu mping, just like sky diving etc... we get adicted to it..
dan adrenalin gets ya every time

as for blaming the p-plater laws thats thats bs as well... cordias were NEVER legal (although some people will argue otherwise) even in stock trim and there are lots of other cars out there that p platers have driven in mass that aint either

the only diference these days is that it has been reworded and the police are enforcing it much much more, the public attitude has changed, quite probably because the numbers of idiots in fast cars has increased and its more visable

as forthe camaro it looks awesome...
this is what i wanna get my hands on/build up :D original would be awesome but i dare say it will be a replica :( tis liek a ferrari/lambo, very few out there so the always turn heads

failing that a xc cobra like in mad max 2 would be up there 2

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 09:25 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Jimi i know a guy called Geoff lives in Victoria, he is in his 60's. He legally designed a car and called it a Taipen ,it's even registered in Australian motor history.

Body was from Ac cobra and engine was from usa 7 Litre v8 with 2 turbos.It was running on Lpg and made 300 something kw back in 80's.

He only made 5 of them.He still has 1 the other 4 got sold.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 18:13 

awesome.. would be worth a fortune i imagine

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 00:32 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Your car: Vr4 Cordia
I have had cordia's since I was 18 and now I'm 29 ans still have one (been through about 4 in that time)

I think cordia's unlike skylines/wrx's etc, people have a affinity towards the old cordz. I do anyways. they are quick and fairly cheap. ---- Always break down, but thats half the challenge, I cant even count the amount of cv's and engine mounts I have gone through.

Where as boy racers in their wrx/skyline etc just hoon around until they can afford a newer version where as most of the cordia drivers love there car even if its not the fastest thing on the road.

I will be keeping my cordia for a while mainly because I love them (I still not quite sure why lol) and people don't expect it to go like it does (especially with vr4/bigger turbo etc). Well at least until I hit about 35 -- then I will just be a weird old guy in turbo -- looking like a pedophile trying to picking up schoolgirls lol. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
At the moment I don't look to old so its all good boys hahaha :) and my 27 yr old missus looks around 17 so I'm danger of people thinking that anyways.

Anyways I dont think the cordia will ever be considered a classic even when it is anouther 10 years old... but there will always be the enthusiast out there even if they are not running and stuck in a shed.
I'm just happy that now I can afford the cordia as a toy and have a daily driver as when I was young and only had the cordia I used to have to walk and catch the bus a lot hahaha :D

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 14:38 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

If i had space i would get one and put it away.At the moment they've hit rock bottom but in 10-15 years you will find that a lot of people that had one when they were young will try to get it, by than only few will be left and they will be worth more than today.

How often do you see a nice cordia on the road these days?Not many.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 04:08 

GORAN wrote:
If i had space i would get one and put it away.

Same... As soon as I get back to Oz (or NZ!) I'll probably scout around for a good condition one to totally restore and mod up as a weekend cruise car. Either that or I'll get a Starion instead (what I originally wanted but could never find so I bought a Cordia instead) and do the same. They're even rarer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 05:54 

whops. delete plz

Last edited by JiMi on 21 Mar 2010, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 05:57 

aye.. starions are rare as rocking horse shit... the prices are already going up with them...

on a side note.. i saw what i reckon was a catrum the other day at albert park... with a holden ls3 in it... so basically a go cart with a thumping great v8 in it... would have to be a lot of fun me thinks... will post up a pic when i get it off my phone :D

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 20:15 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Your car: Vr4 Cordia
woooh Starion did someone say "Luxury Cordia" haha