It is currently 14 May 2024, 03:56

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2008, 19:03 

since the fuk when are semis, strut brace and tints illegal?

pre '94, was any tints you wanted. retards. - i got failed on pink slip coz of retards pulling this shit... cost me $100 to strip
it, pass it, re-apply...

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2008, 20:53 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Evolution VI GSR
D3bb4 wrote:
since the fuk when are semis, strut brace and tints illegal?

pre '94, was any tints you wanted. retards. - i got failed on pink slip coz of retards pulling this shit... cost me $100 to strip
it, pass it, re-apply...

I think the semis are legal and as I said to the copper ''I wasn't going to argue with him'' (that saved me a $130 fine in itself for driving a car that was defectable) - he really had no idea. He checked for burnt rubber under my rear guards and pointed at my fuel pressure regulator and asked me whether it was a 'boost controller' LOL!! No officer, the boost controllers over there next to the Blow off valve... :roll:

I have two replacement windows (cheaper than having to strip and re-apply tint :P ) - it's not the first time I have been defected for tint but I am not sure where I stand with the strut brace. Anyway, just because cops think something is defectable, its not always gospel...but the whole charade was pretty pathetic...

Sylent Nyte wrote:
M8, time to cage 'er, colour match and have a good harness and bucket in. When you get out on the surface for the first time, its going to be another level of enjoyment completely! There's a feeling you can't get on the street: holding the throttle open in 5th forever, watching the tacho climb and run out of legs a few seconds before turn 1 at PI comes up, and you realize that the front straight points right at the Bass Straight(you can look for whales for 2-3 seconds before braking :mrgreen: )

It isn't the end Brad, not by a long shot. Its just that time to take the step into the sport is all.

Yeah, it's tempting but I want to see if it can handle rigorous treatment on a track and remain competitive before I go all out and cage it - after numerous canings in the hills, I am confident that it could fight well above it's weight devision. The driver on the other hand is like most...the over-enthusiastic type... :P

I agree mate, it's definately not curtains! :P

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2008, 21:09 

meh, you just need some driver training courses... as do i. pity they aint cheap. then practice - aint cheap either...

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2008, 21:30 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Maybe just try a normal driver's training day first Brad, because the instructors don't just critique on what you're doing behind the wheel. You can ask them how the car feels(pick a course taught by current professionals or ex professionals) and what you might do to get it better through setup etc. I can't offer any advice because practically no-one I know of races these cars. Just one bit though; it takes time to get a car competitive, and a run through the hills is going to feel very different to the prepared(ie. manicured, polished and spit-shone) surface where you have so much more grip. If you're serious about it I can send you an information package.

D3bb4 wrote:
meh, you just need some driver training courses... as do i. pity they aint cheap. then practice - aint cheap either...

Yer, they're really dear. But there's no better "modification" one can make than the driver.