It is currently 09 May 2024, 23:19

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 11:52 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

nathan1 wrote:
What happened at zero is I just realized what the problem is !
Do you belive in karma good luck with it.
Goodbye,hodevour,ovidazen,adeus,chau

WTF....why do fuckarse fags like this attempt to appear educated when it is obvious beyond doubt they're dumbasses?

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 14:59 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

well he spelt goodbye correctly

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2008, 16:35 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
Grumbly wrote:
well he spelt goodbye correctly

win!

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 11:56 
Superuser
Superuser

evo85 is the only one that was on the ball yet his against me
for only 2 reasons:Roger and most of his mates drive multipoints.
just want to point out i have proved it on video im waiting to see yours on video
as of next week mine is going to pull 205kw@the wheels with aftermarket ecu.
try and beat that cost 500 bucks most of it is tuning this is not the end:lol:
nathan1 wrote:
EVO85 wrote

A VR-4 makes nowhere near 208kw's stock, even at the flywheel. More like:

~130kw's for the automatic with the tiny TD04 turbo
~150kw's for the manual VR-4 with TD05 14b turbo
~179kw's for the manual Eclipse with TD05 small 16g

That is all at the flywheel
CowboyDan wrote:
They were put out with 164kw at the fly in stock trim. Roughly 110kw at the fronts if you allow 30% tranny loss (which is probably a bit of overkill, so maybe a bit more than that).

30% for a FWD is a bit rich, however this will vary from car to car and from drivetrain to drivetrain. The powerloss through friction and rotating parts in a FWD is closer to 15-20%

eclipz wrote:
The most popular Cordia Conversion is definately the 2L Twin cam Turbo mill from the Galant VR4. The 4G63BT twin cam is standard equipment in numerous vehicles including Evolution Lancers, Eclipses and Galant VR4's.
This engine comes in a huge variety of different performance specs from 130kw to 208kw

The most popular is indeed the VR-4 or the Eclipse as they have a 6 bolt crank which bolts to the existing cordia flywheel. The EVO engines have a 7 bolt crank and it is a headache to adapt, although it's been done.

No Evolution engine that is standard (and will fit in a cordia) produces 208kw's. The best performing engine in terms of power output is the EVO3 which with it's 'big 16g' turbo produces 198kw's (at the flywheel). EVO 4 to current engines that produce 206kw's will not fit a cordia as the engine was turned around 180 degrees.

nathan1 wrote:
I wonder how the vr4 would go if it got boosted to 17.5 psi or 20 psi
i wonder how long 1.8 will last to Achieve what a vr4 does stock
i have been told that they are very strong but running 20 psi i wonder

That is exactly the point. You would have to build a dash or 4G62T to make anywhere near what the Twin cam can do standard. I personally wouldn't waste my time performing 'extreme' mods to the single cam engines as the VR-4 can do it straight out of the box. A standard DOHC VR-4 will happy live with 17-18 psi and around 250kw's (at the flywheel) before you really start to compromise reliability. As of next month, mine will be running up to 25 psi and will have over 300kw's, but then again, it's got forged internals...

Eclipse, for dollar/performance there won't be much in it between a stock VR-4 and a worked single cam, but you'll be kicking yourself if you didn't opt for the VR-4 when you start craving for more power when the single cam in not enough...

With regard to engineering, SA was a bitch, but I would suggest that you make a quick call to the transport authories in your state as it might not be quite as expensive as it may seem...

coop1er wrote
Whether to fit a dohc 2.0 or stay with a sohc probably depends on your budget and your goals and what you have to start with. Sure the power potential with the 2.0 dohc is greater, but unless you are trying for more than maybe 150kw at the wheels, the multipointed sohc option works out cheaper for most people.

nathan1 wrote
ok genius how does it work cheaper 150 bucks muiltipoint+extras like distributer , water pipe work fitings ect ect
most problably by the time muiltipoint is on it 350 bucks then you need injectors evo ones200\300bucks
then you need fuel pump 100 bucks then you need ECU like microtech 1000\1100 bucks then you need electrician for loom 400\500 bucks
then you need dyno its problably around 500 or 600 bucks most of the time you need to dyno a few times .
well you do the total

coop1er wrote
Lets break it down then: $150 for multipoint manifold and distributor (ok but I picked up this for less than $100 at the local wrecking yard). $100 for 2nd hand injectors - you don't need to buy evo ones, you only need ones that are large enough and that will fit. 2nd hand aftermarket ecu might cost around $300-$600 if you shop wisely. Tune up, well that depends, mine cost $300 from Mildrens.

Compare that with a dohc install: engine costs $2000-$2500 from an import place, but you might be lucky and pick up someones reject for $1000 or so. Then you need to fabricate an engine mount, cost of probably $100-200 if you cant do it yourself. Then you would look at tidying up the engine which at a minimum would mean a timing belt and tensioner - unlike the sohc, if the timing belt fails on these engines then its rooted. Also your going to need your exhaust modified to fit your new engine. Not to mention new clutch, hoses, wiring and all the other things that are done anytime an engine is replaced.

You also stated that you would need a fuel pump for the multipoint conversion, but this would apply to both upgrades. Plenty of vr4 conversions have ended up costing their owners well over $4000 but a typical multipoint conversion would come in at less than $2000.

nathan1 wrote
what ever happened to the electricals like loom.
and yes you can get any multipoint cheap but is it the right one for the motor?
cheap is not always the way to go also goes for injectors.
Know vr4 you can use the stock loom,ecu,the stock 1.8L exhast will also work
cause thats what i have with tc06
so basicly 2,300.00 is all its going to cost me cause i already have it!
know as far as doing mods later on to reach 300kw it can be done .
but for 1.8L to reach 300kw good luck but nothing is impossible if you have lots of money
to burn
as for cables the only one is accelerator $5.00
so i dont no where you get $4,000.00 from maybe 3or4 years ago
parts were more expencive

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 18:35 

good luck at having that reliable with 205 atw.

and w-t-f is that quote?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 18:58 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Evolution VI GSR
nathan1 wrote:
just want to point out i have proved it on video im waiting to see yours on video

Your car is going to do nothing until it's actually done it!! Which muppet told you that you that you're going to pull 205kw's? Roger or your tuner? What injectors and intercooler are you running (just for a laugh)?

I posted a video of my worst run (with a faulty EBC solenoid) a couple of months ago. What's your point? Do you want to race me lol

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 22:55 

nathan1 wrote:

Pull your head out of your homosexual partner's arse and shove it up your own. That way you might actually see the light as well as common sense. You have nothing for "them" to beat. Go and tape your pathetic dyno sheet to your own forehead, then look at yourself in the mirror while masturbating. In reality, this is all you are doing: looking for praise for something that is done as a part of normal reasoning. Considering the number of people you had to ask for help before being able to pull this lowly hack-job you call an installation off, you have no room to belittle anyone. If anything you should be bowing in gratitude at the feet of the forum members here who have even given you a second look and somehow found you worthy of their pity, and as a result gracing you with but scraps of their knowledge.

As far as I am concerned, your relationship with the King of Fools is nothing more than the blind leading the blind. Or more specifically, the mentally challenged leading the hopelessly retarded.

Now crawl back into your hole and fester for eternity.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 23:21 
Superuser
Superuser

:lol: :lol: :lol: you know that says it wall.
yes he help me out to reach 150@wheels
next step 205@wheels it could be more give and take.
there will be video as well,when im done.
you know it does not matter how fast your car is its what kind of driver you are.
i been driving since you were in your father B
Yujiro Hanma wrote:
nathan1 wrote:

Pull your head out of your homosexual partner's arse and shove it up your own. That way you might actually see the light as well as common sense. You have nothing for "them" to beat. Go and tape your pathetic dyno sheet to your own forehead, then look at yourself in the mirror while masturbating. In reality, this is all you are doing: looking for praise for something that is done as a part of normal reasoning. Considering the number of people you had to ask for help before being able to pull this lowly hack-job you call an installation off, you have no room to belittle anyone. If anything you should be bowing in gratitude at the feet of the forum members here who have even given you a second look and somehow found you worthy of their pity, and as a result gracing you with but scraps of their knowledge.

As far as I am concerned, your relationship with the King of Fools is nothing more than the blind leading the blind. Or more specifically, the mentally challenged leading the hopelessly retarded.

Now crawl back into your hole and fester for eternity.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 23:39 

nathan1 wrote:
i been driving since you were in your father B

And you should have done the world a favour and stayed in yours.

nathan1 wrote:
you know it does not matter how fast your car is its what kind of driver you are.

And am I supposed to take this as a thinly veiled challenge, or are you somehow trying to be intimidating? I find it hard to be intimidated by earthworms.

nathan1 wrote:
next step 205@wheels it could be more give and take.

You come to me with only this? BORING! Come back when you have something worthy to threaten me with, because at the moment you're not worth my disgust.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 00:20 
Superuser
Superuser

You don't even know me!
You only know roger .
I'm not roger,just because I get help from him ,it doe not make me him.
You know what's worse is when people can't control there language problem.
I want to complement you on you car but I don't even know what you drive.
Is it a suzuki mighty boy?

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 00:51 

nathan1 wrote:
You don't even know me!
You only know roger .
I'm not roger,just because I get help from him ,it doe not make me him.

Considering that you needed his help to begin with, who and what you are should be apparent enough to all. I knowest thee well; thy names be ignorance and stupidity! HAHAHHAHHAAAA....

nathan1 wrote:
m.
You know what's worse is when people can't control there language problem.

Is it suddenly a crime to own a dictionary and have the knowledge of how to use spellcheck? Surely you're familiar with the story of the pot and the kettle. Oh. Wait. Nevermind. I just remembered your names.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 09:39 
Resident Antichrist
Resident Antichrist

Thread locked.

Yujiro and Nathan, consider yourself formally warned. You will not be warned again, your next step is a ban.

That will be all.

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8