It is currently 02 Jun 2024, 19:37

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2008, 14:15 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Your car: UFO
hi guys, im thinking of selling her, that do you think shes worth. any comments are more than welcome.

Specs:

Engine:
4g62 1.8ltr sohc engine, tc05 turbo, 3" straight threw mandrel bent exhaust with huge 18 x 4" resonator, toyota supra front mount intercooler, KnN filter.

Breaks / suspention:
galant vr4 twin spot calipers with galant disks and new pads. sonata booster and master cylinder, suspention is stock,

Wheels:
15 inch rims with michelin piolet sx treads 15x205x50

Body:
Fully respreyed in 2pac paint, custom red paint, removed mud flaps and moulds. Shaved antenna, side indicators and left hand lock. Parkers mooved to headlight and indicators mooved to where the parkers were.

Interior:
Autometer sports comp boost guage, cd player, clarion amp 400rms power, 12 inch sub and two 6x9's, mitsubishi sports pedals, alloy gearnob.

Car has done a genuine 150,000 k's and has been sirviced every 5 thousand k.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 10:04 
Expert Wheel Alignments
Expert Wheel Alignments

thats a really good looking cordia. Love the nosecone.

GT Legacy - AWD turbo shagin wagon
Swift GTi - new boy racer daily
Gen4 JDM Honda Prelude VTiR - FS $6K. pm me. vtec yo!

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 18:07 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Hey mate its really hard to tell how much it's worth, but i recon i would pay probly somewhere over the 5 mark coz i recon its sweet.
It depends what other people think though??

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 22:03 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Babbo wrote:
Hey mate its really hard to tell how much it's worth, but i recon i would pay probly somewhere over the 5 mark coz i recon its sweet.
It depends what other people think though??

I agree mate, pricing is spot on in my opinion. Looks the goods and the condition is awesome. Congratulations on a clean build champ.

"Dont be silly, I cant afford to eat, I own a Cordia!" :-D

For the best prices on Wheels & Tyres in Sydney head to http://www.toptentyres.com.au

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 23:21 
Resident Antichrist
Resident Antichrist

O_O REALLY? Grumbly's car is going for $4500 and is one of the best cordias on the site. No offence, but your car is not worth over 5 grand.

You haven't said whether it's a modded GSL or a GSR or whether it's auto or manual, but as a guide redbook puts an 85 manual GSR at $1000-2200.

You might be looking at 3-3.5, MAYBE 4 with the right buyer.

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 23:37 
Superuser
Superuser

Look I think how can any body put a price on a car that you have created !
You have done a great job with the paint work, only you can answer that question?
Try and add up all your receipts and your time!
Maybe you spent $5,000 lets say!
Do you know how many 20 years old have $5,000 lying around?
Because there the ones that will buy your car.
You have modified the car to todays age .
As I'm an old man I like the body of the car not to be modified.
Give the car a re spray to its original look yes
The motor yes but internal .
Don't get me wrong there are a lot of 20year olds that have spent a lot like $30,000 on there cars but those people build there cars they don't buy them . :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 08:39 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Evolution VI GSR
CowboyDan wrote:
O_O REALLY? Grumbly's car is going for $4500 and is one of the best cordias on the site. No offence, but your car is not worth over 5 grand.

Come on mate, that's a pretty poor comparison. For starters, Grumbly's car is worth (to the right buyer) much more than $4,500. There is no doubt that he would receive well in excessive of this amount if he decided to deal with the headaches of parting it. Furthermore, Grumbly's car hosts a long list of mods and many one-off custom fabricated parts that would cost a bomb to duplicate. On the other hand, it is not running and is in need of a respray. Do you know how much a decent respray can cost you these days; mine cost nearly 7 grand. Of course you would struggle to receive half of that back in this situation, but it is another thing that a prospective buyer should factor in. No offence to you, but just because it is not worth over 5 grand to you, that doesn't mean that it's not worth over 5 grand to someone else...

In all honesty, I think this is a stupid thread....there is no way of gauging what you car is worth until you put it on the market. If your patient, set the price as high as you like and slowly bring it down if necessary. In doing so, you will soon find out what your car is worth (at the time to the right buyer).

:)

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 10:34 
Resident Antichrist
Resident Antichrist

Quote:
Come on mate, that's a pretty poor comparison. For starters, Grumbly's car is worth (to the right buyer) much more than $4,500.

Why is that a bad comparison? That's exactly my point! The car is worth what someone will pay for it, and why would someone pay over $5k for a very lightly modified car with a top value of $2200 when you can get something like Grumbly's for less? And a quick run through the classifieds section will probably turn up a couple of cars in a similar condition to this one for a lot less than $5k.

I am well aware of what a respray costs... I'm also well aware of the value it adds to a cordia - bugger all. You cannot reasonably expect to receive anywhere near a 50% return on what you've spent on it, it might add $1k if it's well done, but not much more than that. It might be a resprayed Cordia.... but it's still a Cordia.

The car is basically stock - it's got a respray, some very light external engine mods, and a little stereo (which aparrently doesn't have front speakers?!). There are no grounds to be asking more than double it's upper redbook range. My car was in similar condition when I bought it (minus the stereo) - reasonably stock with a decent spray job - and I paid $2000.

By all means, if you want to try and get $5k go for it, but I doubt you'll get anywhere near that. But what would I know? :roll:

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 13:11 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

If you actually read REDBOOK properly you would have realised the following:

Prices based on km 345,000 - 575,000 (Oh so realistic :roll: )
Private sale $1,000 - $2,200

You can't base your valuation on a comparison to Grumbly's cordia. A VR4 Cordia in my opinion is not worth the same as something that has been kept with the factory engine regardless of the modifications done. You'll never get your money back with a conversion and thats reality. Unless the car is completely immaculate inside and out and the engine is running smoothly and reliably you'll never get a fraction back for your investment. If however it was in that sort of condition like for example MAD48U that's worth in my opinion roughly 10k+

If you choose to value you Cordia for peanuts that your stupidity. If you compare this to the rest of the 80's turbos in similar condition this would be the cheapest priced.

For the best prices on Wheels & Tyres in Sydney head to http://www.toptentyres.com.au

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 13:27 
Resident Antichrist
Resident Antichrist

*sigh* of course.

$10k?!? Jesus, you're delusional. MAD48U is a sweet car, but I don't see many cordia's being worth 10k. This is probably the cleanest, most original, lowest km cordia in the country, and the general consensus was that it's worth around the 5-6k mark to sell, with one suggesting maybe 6-7. Granted, dropping a big stereo in does help raise the price, but then you're really selling a stereo aren't you?

Value my cordia for peanuts? If you paid attention around here you'd know that I wrecked and parted my car because I couldn't get a buyer at the price I thought it was worth.

--> door

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 18:58 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Evolution VI GSR
CowboyDan wrote:
You haven't said whether it's a modded GSL or a GSR or whether it's auto or manual, but as a guide redbook puts an 85 manual GSR at $1000-2200.

Does he need to mention whether it's auto or manual? Take a closer look at the pictures...I will guide you through if you need some assistance...

CowboyDan wrote:
Why is that a bad comparison? That's exactly my point! The car is worth what someone will pay for it, and why would someone pay over $5k for a very lightly modified car with a top value of $2200 when you can get something like Grumbly's for less? And a quick run through the classifieds section will probably turn up a couple of cars in a similar condition to this one for a lot less than $5k.

Grumbly's car is a rare and golden opportunity - THAT IS WHY IT'S A BAD COMPARISON. I was almost willing to sell possessions of mine (that I still wanted mind you) just to purchase the thing. Grumbly's car is worth significantly more than $4,500; I personally wouldn't be selling it at that price, but he needs the money and doesn't want to part it. Good luck to the buyer, he has struck a gold.

This 'top value' that you speak of is bullshit; there are many variables that can influence the price of a car of this age. I never said that the car is worth $5,000 or more, but you clearly said that it was not!! Then you proceed to say that it's worth whatever it sells for!!! Make up your mind and stop contradicting yourself!!! Seeing as you 'know everything' and have an answer for everything, why don't we all just go through you and you can dictate everybody's selling price..... :roll:

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 20:23 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Quote:
If you choose to value you Cordia for peanuts that your stupidity
I meant that in general not directed specifically at you.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 21:07 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

"The car is worth what someone will pay for it"

Mate you said it yourself, in the average persons opinion a Cordia is just a small 80's hatch back although to the right person it's a car they may really desire.
As i said i would pay somewhere over the 5 mark for it if it if i was in the market for one and if it came with rego and a RWC.

I mean how many people actually think that an XY GT falcon is worth a million dollars?? Obviously the person who has a desire for one, In the end its just a 40 year old family sedan to some.....

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 21:30 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

Please feel free to offer more for my car.

Sorry TRQ-STR for hijacking your thread.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 21:58 
Superuser
Superuser

Grumbly wrote:
Please feel free to offer more for my car.

Sorry TRQ-STR for hijacking your thread.

sorry again TRQ-STR .. but you should get 1k+ for the ralliart LSD.

If its real.... 8)

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 22:20 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Your car: 86 AC GSR
yeah, the interior would suggest AC model?! you'd probably get $3500-$4000 in a realistic market, and you'd have to basically be willing to hang on to it to get that though. Id pay it if someone wrote my cordia off for me, again.

And please dont take offence Grumbly, as i respect what you have done to your cordia, But to the people who are this forum, Its my very own personal opinion that Grumblys Cordia is not as good as its talked up to be at times on this forum, there's no way i'd pay large amounts of money for it, even if i had it spare.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 17:42 
This forum is my life
This forum is my life

No offence taken. I've never talked it up.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008, 18:54 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: FRONTN
Guys wayyyyy offff track here.. Koray i know you're gonna end up selling you're car now..
So i reckon just post it up and see wat offers your get..
If that's my exhaust on the car it'll sell for heaps.. haha lol..

Show us your new toy next time youre down my way..

PS: Lol @ spell check, it doesn't even know what a "Cordia" is.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 00:16 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Your car: UFO
no warries grumbly

the interior was upgraded to ac

tim ill probably be up that way in a few weeks. ill call you the weekend b4