It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:58

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: USA Cordia
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2004, 16:44 

I have an '88 Cordia turbo, and from what I can tell there are very few Cordias in the US. I am looking for some fellow owners in the states to talk about their cars with me. Also, I have a friend going to Australia sometime this summer and he offered to look for parts for me somewhere in the Perth area, any good places to look? It is very hard to find anything for these cars in the US, infact I never even heard of a Mitsubishi Cordia before this summer, and have yet to see another one on the street. People ask "what the hell is that" quite a lot, which is one reason I really like having this car, very unique here. Oh yeah, its also pretty fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2004, 18:19 

Ok, when I pin the gas on my cordia, and bring it up to whatever I have the wastegate set at, the car really shutters when the wastegate kicks in. I am wondering if this is some sort of vaccum or air leak, because it really screws up my acceleration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2004, 21:15 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

I'm hearing the fabled words..*cut the yellow wire...*

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2004, 20:31 

A magic yellow wire?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2004, 20:52 
Resident Antichrist
Resident Antichrist

It sounds like .... we're off to cut the wire, the magical wire of boost!

What boost is it reaching when it starts to shudder?

Astaroth.

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2004, 20:58 

Just in case you are wondering what my car looks like, here it is. http://www.mn3s.org/cordia/my-cordia.html This is the web site of a previous owner. I got an amazing deal on the car, all I had to do to get it running was replace the timing belts, and remove a broken off water pump bolt from the block. It is hard to know if the car was put back together correctly after the rebuild, a lot of the emmision control devices were removed, and from my experiences that can mean plenty of mistakes that are just plain hard to trace. The car runs fine if you are driving it nice and easy, but when you get on it, it shutters and is hard to keep pulling faster. The weirdest thing is that occasionally the engine somehow disengages and free revs untill you let things settle down again, this really boggles my mind, but I am just guesing it is some sort of saftey feature of the transaxle. I am a rookie to turbo cars, and also to japanese cars as the Cordia is my first of either, so any ideas you might have would be appreciated.[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2004, 21:02 

I have an aquarium valve set up, as it seems right now it starts to shutter around 8 psi, but that is what i have it set at. If I watch my boost and keep it under 8 it doesn't happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2004, 23:13 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

the "freewheeling" your experiancing is the clutch slipping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2004, 13:02 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

its pretty funny seeing a cords in left hand drive,
nice car though

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2004, 17:10 

haha, yeah I bet its weird seeing that, I am left handed and I still can't immagine having to shift with my left hand, it just seems so weird to me. I know the clutch in my car isn't the problem, the cordia's clutch grips really well right off the floor. The cordia has a performance clutch, actually pretty new with only a few thousand on it, and that is why i am so confused about the disconnect and subsequent free reving I experience when I drive it hard. It grips well, but then acts up under acceleration, usually in the transition from 2nd to 3rd gear. I am going to change out the gear oil in the transaxle because I have a feeling it is pretty old, I am not sure if that is going to help but I will give it a shot. Whats a good gear oil to use? I have some 80w 95 on the shelf in my shop, I'm thinking I will use that, but let me know if there is something you guys get good results from.