It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 04:03

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 21:00 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Bitza wrote:
Alot of us post quite a fair bit, but it depends on what users are interested in..............I personally lost interest with my 2.3 thread as weeks would go by without return posts...........I mean who want's to see a car get painted?

That's exactly my point. If for example, I or someone else had made more of an effort to comment on your thread, there probably would have been more discussion etc. I dunno, it was just a thought.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2011, 22:32 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Cordia Turbo AC GSR,
Wrecked AB GSR,
CB GSR,
VZ Acclaim Wagon
coop1er wrote:
Bitza wrote:
Alot of us post quite a fair bit, but it depends on what users are interested in..............I personally lost interest with my 2.3 thread as weeks would go by without return posts...........I mean who want's to see a car get painted?

That's exactly my point. If for example, I or someone else had made more of an effort to comment on your thread, there probably would have been more discussion etc. I dunno, it was just a thought.

I think, we are where we are and we need to deal with it. Coop1er, Mate you are incredibly knowledgable about these cars, Come out and post a lil more!
Andrew, We im sure we are all watching your build with amazement. I mean, how many of us can build and re-invent a cordia as often and as good as you?
TRQ-STR has an amazing build in progress, Frontn's car is awesome, we just need to keep postin is all lol.
PS, im stripping my car and doing a detailed build, so include me in the build up thread!!!! :D :D

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2011, 12:29 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Evolution VI GSR
This forum used to be hugely popular when I first registered back in 2005 and it wasn't uncommon to see 10-20 people online at the same time every night (much like 4G Tuner is now), although TBH, I don't ever really much action on 4G Tuner anyway... there are always people lurking but hardly anyone actually posting. I guess that it is more useful as an information resource.

I hate to say it, but as cordias continue to get older, they're getting pushed closer to extinction therefore the forum is never going to grow. I only drop in here maybe once or twice a week to keep myself up to speed with 'quality builds', like Plysha's, Bitza's, TRQ-STR's, Jay's, FRONTN's and metalcoremarcs... and the rest, I couldn't even give a rats about.

Having said that, there are a number of other top shelf Cordias floating around Oz, but it's unfortunate that their owners are not on this forum.

TRQ-STR wrote:
In the cordia owners case; The cordia is classified as a low powered turbocharged vehicle as it does not exceed the allowable 100kw per tonne rule for 2door sports cars, therefore is exempt.

The AA and AB Cordia does actually exceed 100kw's per tonne, however the AC does not.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 14:26 
1800 CORDIA
1800 CORDIA

Good old days ay  First time i’ve joined was back in 2002, i think. There was some type of forum website, later on cordiapower.com came along.

I agree that most people moved on.I still like to check who is still around and say hello, there are some good people here.

Why don’t you open a new section for old members and where they are now, what they drive etc that would be interesting.

Time will come when cordia will be so rare that it will sell for good money, if nothing else somebody will buy it for sentimental reasons.

I would also like to suggest that some time in the future a cruise can be organised for all the old members.( all cars welcome)

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 18:08 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: 1984 AA customer paint and some small custome body mods
goran i tink you would be welcome along to any cordia cruze that come up mate

but there are some very good points that would work well if a revamp does happen

All my Cordia Parts For Sale make an Offer
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15917

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 18:59 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
half the cars and people that turn up to the cruises i have made are old members/non cordias

so please come to the next one :D

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 12:49 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Simple solution...stop putting VR4's in Cordia's. Everyone does it, wastes sh*tloads of $$$, comes to a point where they buy a house/have a family/buys an Evo etc and needs to sell the cordz. Unable to scrape together an offer thats remotely decent they part out there cordz and double the money they would have got from accepting the offer. End result - one more Cordia gone off the road and one less potential new member who is keen and wants to post every day on here.

If everyone kept the old SOHC's in the cars, they would be on here 24/7 asking questions about how to fix what breaks 5 times a week and how to squeeze another 10% out of the engines. But really, that's not going to happen because the VR4's are a whole lot more appealing to have under your bonnet.

Much like supply and demand, if there is no buyer you will not sell. if there is no Cordia heads around, the forum will be quiet. Give it some years and like everything else that goes out of fashion they will become rare and the forum will chirp up like the Datto/rotary forums will.

I've got one of NSW's most loved and watched burgandy Cordia's sitting out in my driveway waiting for me to strip it down and build it back up to where it used to be. Quite simply just don't have the time, working mon-fri 9-5 and ranking going overseas more appealling than spending that money on my car means that I just don't have time for it at the mo.

If you want to make this forum better, take a cordia apart from top to bottom and put if back together againa and do a faq on every process you do with pics. In a few months that will help me lots lol.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 03:03 

smokincordia wrote:
If everyone kept the old SOHC's in the cars, they would be on here 24/7 asking questions about how to fix what breaks 5 times a week

^^^ Hahaha total truth! :lol:

It's a real shame though with less and less Cordias staying on the roads.

They're getting older and rarer by the year... :cry: