It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 07:24

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2008, 20:16 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Your car: Evo 8
Can't wait to see the looks on people faces at Driven's Dyno day.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2008, 20:28 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Sorta puts things into perspective real quick with that photo. I don't mean any disrespect (i think your cordia is all class) but sitting next to that lambo it really does look like you've tried to polish a turd. But there are only a handful of cars in the world where that wouldn't be the case. Sorry i had to say it, again it's nothing personal, but that lambo sits at the top of the hill. It's the king of the castle. I once drove up behind a Diablo in my cords and i felt like shit for the rest of the day. Italian cars will do that to you.....especially if you aren't driving one.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2008, 22:23 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Your car: Evolution VI GSR
4cylturb wrote:
Sorta puts things into perspective real quick with that photo. I don't mean any disrespect (i think your cordia is all class) but sitting next to that lambo it really does look like you've tried to polish a turd. But there are only a handful of cars in the world where that wouldn't be the case. Sorry i had to say it, again it's nothing personal, but that lambo sits at the top of the hill. It's the king of the castle. I once drove up behind a Diablo in my cords and i felt like shit for the rest of the day. Italian cars will do that to you.....especially if you aren't driving one.

Hehe, you've gotta be cruel to be kind and I certainly don't disagree with you. The design of Countach was outragous back in the 70's and 80's and for that matter, it still is. I don't think that there ever was a car that has had such a big impact - I reckon every child had at least one poster of a Countach on their wall - I was one of them! It may be the king on the castle but I wouldn't be surprised if it had many more design flaws than a Cordia. The Countach really was an ordinary car if you could look past the styling and if it came down to the crunch back in those days, i'd prefer to have an F40 anyday! :P

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2008, 23:09 
Superuser
Superuser

sorry to hear of your car. :shock:
if you were only in sydney

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2008, 20:10 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Jon wrote:
Can't wait to see the looks on people faces at Driven's Dyno day.

There's going to be plenty of distorted faces in the next few months m8. That's for sure.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2008, 16:57 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

EVO85 wrote:
4cylturb wrote:

Hehe, you've gotta be cruel to be kind and I certainly don't disagree with you. The design of Countach was outragous back in the 70's and 80's and for that matter, it still is. I don't think that there ever was a car that has had such a big impact - I reckon every child had at least one poster of a Countach on their wall - I was one of them! It may be the king on the castle but I wouldn't be surprised if it had many more design flaws than a Cordia. The Countach really was an ordinary car if you could look past the styling and if it came down to the crunch back in those days, i'd prefer to have an F40 anyday! :P

Hahaha...I didn't mean to be cruel! And your right. According to James May the Countach is a dogs breakfast to drive and is better staying a dream inside your head or on your bedroom wall. For everyday driving your Cordia would be much more fun. And yes, i was going to say it earlier or in another thread (somewhere at least) but autoMOTIVE engineering was perfected with the F40. And then computers came along..............................................................................................................................................................................................................yay!

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2008, 08:53 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Quote:
According to James May the Countach is a dogs breakfast to drive and is better staying a dream inside your head or on your bedroom wall.

fun show and all, but i reckon they dont know diddley when it comes to cars....
they're always winging, but i dont think they quite know what about!~
not to say the old lambo probably isn't a brick, i just think people give those guys too much credit.
it does make your car look tall sitting there next to a lambo! heheh

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2008, 22:24 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

I picked my car up from my tuner late this week to find out that one of my solenoids on my EBC was misbehaving! That's not the news that I wanted to hear with only one days notice before my carclub's dyno day! Anyway, with limited revs (7,000) and 18psi to play with, it laid down 226.3kw's at the front wheels. Slightly disappointing, but with a new solenoid, higher revs, boost and more fine tuning, hopefully it'll give 250kw's a nudge.... :)

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2008, 11:02 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Lil present for you mate ;)

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2008, 19:54 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

Thanks mate... :P

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2008, 23:31 

Jon wrote:
Lil present for you mate ;)

thas seski lookin. Congrats on the figures. a car that looks that good and pulls that sorta power... awesome work. Very nice power delivery too!

What boost and revs you planning to limit it to? I wouldn't be running that sorta boost daily :P

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2008, 12:52 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

Why not? If the engine, turbo and tune is up to it, it should be fine.
Seeing he has a re-built forged bottom end, built head, reco 20g and a good tune it should be ok for quite some time I would think.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2008, 14:32 

Agreed. Would definately last. But would still last longer if didn't run big boost daily :P Is the whole engineering debate, as to what's necessary, etc. and i'm sure on even 12psi this thing's pulling some awesome figures, enough to rip 90% of cars on the road. Has EBC anyways, so can always play with the settings whenever it's appropriate to up the boost :P

That, and probably less likely to cop a speeding ticket :P

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2008, 15:31 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
Dude a cordia with 10 psi is a handfull at time :P like the one i just rebuilt :D nothing special but man its got some great topend

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2008, 17:34 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

D3bb4 wrote:
Agreed. Would definately last. But would still last longer if didn't run big boost daily :P Is the whole engineering debate, as to what's necessary, etc. and i'm sure on even 12psi this thing's pulling some awesome figures, enough to rip 90% of cars on the road. Has EBC anyways, so can always play with the settings whenever it's appropriate to up the boost :P

That, and probably less likely to cop a speeding ticket :P

I bloody well hope it will last seeing as my last forged engine didn't even live to see 25,000kms but that was fuel related issue...

It made 180 atw kws on only 11 psi (which was pretty gutless in comparison :P) but the engine's built to withstand well over 20 psi everyday. Obviously, if you look at the long term effects, running it at 12 pounds as opposed to 20, you're always going to get a longer service life out of your engine with the lower boost. I don't even want to talk about drivetrain parts! You just can't give it stick on the streets; it draws too much attention and it's completely useless under the legal speed limit on full throttle. The highway or freeway (or better still, the racetrack) is when it comes into it's own; they're the only places where you can really unleashed it. I have hammered it on the street (not cool) but it's just too dangerous...especially until the semi slicks are fitted.

Honestly, I'm not all that impressed with the power delivery ATM. Looking at the power graph, it's very similar to a supercharger. The power's there (flat and linear) but nothing really happens until the 6,000rpm mark...then it seriously takes off until it hits the rev limiter which IMO, isn't high enough. I need to have the cams dialed in so that the power is more usable lower in the rpm range because at the moment, the fun ends only just after it starts. It reminds me of sex... :shock: :roll:

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2008, 18:12 

lmao. nice analogy :P

Maybe get some 264 deg. cams or something? as i think you're running 272's??? might help lower power.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 01:52 

hehe.. love the analogy... i understand what your saying... i personally hate reving an engine unless its working and i would be looking for low end power aswell as top end if/when i go and do a build like this... most days i wouldnt rev the car past 5k so i dont want all the go stuffed up in the 7k mark when i'm only gonna go there for 10% of the driving time... although blasphemous (sp) maybe you need a slightly smaller turbo that pulls harder earlier *shrug*

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 02:52 

Your car: MY car? hmmm a black hunk of metal that moves once every year
i was thinking along the smaller turbo lines too but i was too scared to say it :P lol

metalcoremarc wrote:
works both ways mr big moderator sir.

Epic i must say.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 17:45 
Super Cordia Guru
Super Cordia Guru

The turbo's not too big and 272/272 cams should be fine. It's my solenoid on my EBC that's the issue. The turbo start building boost between 3500-4000rpm but it's only at around 10-12psi, then when it hits 6000rpm, it shoots up to 16-18 psi. When I get that sorted, I can play with the cam timing to give it the midrange and torque that 4G63T's are known for; then I can start aiming for 250kw's..

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2008, 20:05 
Cordia Guru
Cordia Guru

You have adjustable gears....use them lol. Bring power on a bit earlier.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next